An exciting opportunity for a bright, hard-working individual to provide editorial support in the role of Editorial Assistant at SHOWstudio, Nick Knight's award-winning fashion website.
Working directly with the Editor, Fashion Editor and all members of the SHOWstudio team, this role is pivotal in ensuring delivery against a busy publishing schedule and high-quality editorial content for the site and social media channels.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Editor with core writing for the site
- Managing the blog, news and contributor profiles
- Responsible for the weekly newsletter; including all text, titles and links, as well as ensuring delivery of newsletter assets on time (editor will give final sign off)
- Assisting with the management of social media.
- Assisting with research for all key SHOWstudio projects
- Liaising with PRs, helping represent SHOWstudio at events and organise diaries to ensure that the editor is represented at key events
- Transcribing interviews and helping with edits where relevant
- Responsible for ensuring the correct credits for all projects
- Sub-editing and fact checking
Required skills and experience:
- Degree level in a relevant discipline
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Very strong writing abilities must be able to write blogs, text and social media quickly and accurately
- Organised; the ability to manage own time and schedule workloads so that deadlines are met, without supervision
- Strong attention to detail and confidence to fact check and sub-edit
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurised environment; schedules and priorities can change very quickly
- Experience using social media
Desirable skills and experience:
- High level of up-to-date knowledge of the fashion industry
- Passion for the industry and SHOWstudio as a platform
- Experience working with a content management system
- Experience working within in a fast-paced online publisher
- Experience working within a fashion publication
Send your CV and covering letter (no longer than 500 words) to email@example.com. Please include “Firstname Surname, Editorial Assistant Application’ within the subject field of your email.
Salary: Entry level and depending on experience
Availability: Position is available from September 2018.